[Interest] [SOLVED]Re: Connecting to database in Static build

Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi mbnoimi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 13:50:32 CEST 2013

On 04/17/2013 12:55 PM, Portale Alessandro wrote:
> Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> As I know static build preventing using database plug-in drivers.
>> Is there any way to make my application connecting to the database with static build?
> Hi, even when using a static build of Qt it should be possible to use the plugins (SQL driver, Image formats, etc.).
>    http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/plugins-howto.html#static-plugins
I fixed this issue by building Qt with static options:

./configure -static  -developer-build -v -qt-sql-psql -qt-sql-sqlite -plugin-sql-psql -plugin-sql-sqlite -qt-zlib -qt-libpng -qt-libjpeg -qt-pcre -qt-xcb

Then added the needed plug-ins to my .pro file:

QTPLUGIN     += qsqlpsql

--
Best Regards,
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi