[Interest] Building qt4 on mac with -no-webkit

Tony Rietwyk tony at rightsoft.com.au
Sat Apr 20 06:16:48 CEST 2013

Hi Everybody,

It seems this is not possible,  -no-webkit is marked as Windows only in the
configure options docs,  why is that?  If Qt was smart enough to link to the
system webkit on Mac, it might make sense, but that doesn't happen.

I would like to distribute my app via the Apple app store without qtwebkit,
and with qtassistant using QTextBrowser.  This combination works well on
Windows, yet QtAssistant will not build if -no-webkit is specified on the
configure line on Mac.  I have also tried running configure as normal, then
defining QT_NO_WEBKIT, and re-running the assistant makefile with -B.  The
assistant runs but still uses webkit.  I can tell that since our help css
has first-child selectors in it, and they are working on Mac, but on Windows
QTextBrowser ignores them.

As a last resort, I could hack the supplied the assistant.pro to force it to
use QTextBrowser.

I am using Qt 4.8.4, and gcc shows i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-gcc-4.2 on OSX
10.7.5.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Tony