[Interest] Building qt4 on mac with -no-webkit

Tony Rietwyk tony at rightsoft.com.au
Mon Apr 22 06:06:23 CEST 2013

Thanks for the response Mike,

My configure used against expanded qt-everywhere-commercial-src-4.8.4.tar.gz
is:

./configure -arch x86 -no-qt3support -no-webkit   -nomake examples -nomake
demos  -sdk
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Develop
er/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk

- The configure shows the makefile for webkit being generated
- webcore, etc modules are built by make
- assistant.pro forces the use of helpviewer_qwv.cpp which uses webkit.

Very strange!

I've tried Philippe's suggestion to remove webkit from src/3rdparty before
configure with -no-webkit, but that crashes early in make trying to do qmake
on webkit.pro after forcing the src/3rdparty/webkit to be created!?

I spoke too soon about my hacked assistant.pro working - it builds, but it
seems there are lots of problems with the body font and line sizing issues
using QTextBrowser on Mac?

Regards,

Tony