[Interest] How to disable session management.

Bill Crocker william.crocker at analog.com
Mon Apr 22 12:27:00 CEST 2013

Dear Qt Enthusiasts:

I am running my Qt app with a virtual X server on a compute farm as part of
regression testing.
Those instances still appear to want to work with the session manager on my
login host.
This fails and the following messages appear.

> _IceTransSocketUNIXConnect: Cannot connect to non-local host juno.adsdesign.analog.com
> Qt: Session management error: Could not open network socket

How to disable session management under these circumstances?

(And yes, I really *do* want to run it with a QApplication
and not a QCoreApplication.)

Thanks.

Bill

Here is my batch script which also leaves something to be desired.

pkill -f "Xvfb :30"
Xvfb :30 -ac &
run_my_qt_app -display :30
pkill -f "Xvfb :30"