[Interest] QMAKE_POST_LINK for static libraries

Hamish Moffatt hamish at risingsoftware.com
Mon Apr 29 10:03:26 CEST 2013

I need to run a command on a static library after it has been built.
QMAKE_POST_LINK appears to fit the bill, but it runs the command after
the link but before ranlib and before the file is moved to the final
output directory, so it's too early. (ranlib should be considered part
of the link really.)

What I'm trying to do is run lipo (on OSX) after the link in order to
update a fat library with the architecture that has just been built.
I'll build my library twice into different directories with different
qmake specs, then merge the resulting libraries into one fat library.
Maybe someone else has a better way to do this?

thanks

Hamish