[Interest] QtXml deprecated, should I rewrite code that uses QDomDocument?

Niels Dekker mymailfromqt at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 9 14:51:05 CEST 2013

On 2013-08-09 14:33, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
>> Are there other (technical) reasons for me to stop using QDomDocument?
>
> It's hell slow. Use pugixml [1] instead, it's MUCH faster (even if compared with
> QXmlStreamReader), and it's API is similar to QDom (both are DOM parsers).
>
> [1] http://pugixml.org

Thanks, Konstantin, I very much appreciate your suggestion. However, the
XML files we're reading are rather small, so I'm not yet sure if it's
worth replacing QDomDocument, merely for performance reasons. Also I
have mixed feelings about getting an extra third party library
dependency. So anyone please let me know if there are still more reasons
to stop using QDomDocument  :-)

Kind regards, Niels
--
Niels Dekker