[Interest] QGraphicsObject and QGraphicsWidget...

BRM bm_witness at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 14 00:35:23 CEST 2013

I have had a long term project of rewriting some display code from QWidget to QGraphics* in part to add some additional things that QGraphics* makes a lot easier to do.
I'm starting to put things together more (towards the end of) but..

I have a chart object derived from QGraphicsWidget that I tested under one application (app1) where I give it a specific size for its display; I don't use layouts there.
I have some other drawing objects derived from QGraphicsObject that I am testing under another application (app2) where I basically load them up, and shove some data through to see how they operate as I can't test in the normal operating use (a real-time data system.

I'm now at the point where I want to integrate the chart object with the other drawing objects in app2 using a parent object (drawDisplay).
drawDisplay was originally derived from QGraphicsWidget; but then the other objects were not displaying - probably b/c I didn't have a QGraphicsLayout setup.
So I converted it to derive from QGraphicsObject and not it works, only the chart object is not the right size - really small compared to the drawing object.

What is the recommended way for blending the two types? Or do I need to rewrite one in the form of the other?

TIA,

Ben