[Interest] limitation encountered when using Repeater

Steve Pavao vstevenpavao at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 15 02:27:41 CEST 2013

I've come across a limitation when using Repeater.

If I use a row repeater, I'm unable to successfully adjust the x origin of the item by modifying item.x during OnItemAdded; it has no effect on the x origin of the item in the repeater.

Here's some sample code:

      Row {
          Repeater {
              model: 2
              Knob {  // a custom widget
              }
              onItemAdded: {
                    if (index == 1) item.x += 200
              }
          }
      }

If it's possible to modify the x origin of the item, what's the correct syntax to achieve it?

(BTW, I have had some success affecting the y origin of an item in a column repeater by modifying item.y during OnItemAdded)

Thanks,
VStevenP