[Interest] Compiling Programs with C++11 with Qt5, which was compiled without C++11 flag. Possible?

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Thu Aug 15 04:21:47 CEST 2013

> First of all, a screenshot of compilation errors? Yuck! Compilation errors are
> text. A text pastebin is better.

Seems to be frowned on on SO. Never seen a pastebin there. But I am not that long active there.

> Second, please get the user to post to the mailing list directly. Using you as
> a middle-man is not very efficient...

Wasn't his idea.

> Third, errors that make no sense at first glance are usually the result of
> preprocessing errors. The most likely case is that someone #define'd Function.

According to him, he now can toggle the error on and off just by adding or removing CONFIG+=C++11 in his .pro file.

Erm... and I told him I give up. Strange things like that are far beyond what I can fix. Told him he should try to compile his Qt himself. Who knows what strange patches Ubuntu applied or what incompatible libs they hacked together. I had always very good experiences with my own Qt versions.

Thanks for your time,
Thiago