[Interest] Compiling Programs with C++11 with Qt5, which was compiled without C++11 flag. Possible?

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Thu Aug 15 04:44:51 CEST 2013

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 12:31:27 +1000
Vadim Peretokin <vperetokin at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, screenshots of code are not prefered on SO and no, Ubuntu does not go
> out and hack things just to break them and cause misery. That's not why
> they're popular :)

Popular? Whatever. :-)

Of course I have to assume, that I am being told the truth. If that's the case, then you must admit, that just adding CONFIG+=C++11 causing compile errors, even when the compiled code does not contain any C++11 features is extremely peculiar. Can this even happen due to a coding error? With no C++11 in the code? I really would like to know, what the problem is. But I doubt I ever will.

Guido