[Interest] speeding up QListView scrolling

Hamish Moffatt hamish at risingsoftware.com
Thu Aug 22 04:58:52 CEST 2013

I'm using a QListWidget in an embedded application and I'm finding it
quite slow to scroll. There's not many items on the list, but it is in a
custom QWidget with a translucent background displayed over the top of
some other widgets (all of which are static and not animated or anything).

Another QListWidget which isn't part of a pop-up translucent widget
performs somewhat better. Same for another QScrollArea I have containing
some more custom widgets.

Are there any tricks for speeding it up? I don't know anything about
OpenGL or the graphics framework but I read some suggestion that it
could help. This -
http://lists.qt.nokia.com/public/qt-interest/2010-February/019575.html -
suggests the QAbstractScrollArea viewport can be set to a QGLWidget, but
all I got was a flickering mess.

Thanks

Hamish