[Interest] Hide icon in a QComboBox associated with a Model

Scott Aron Bloom scott.bloom at onshorecs.com
Sat Aug 24 04:42:00 CEST 2013

If you are on Qt 5 yes :)

From: interest-bounces+scott.bloom=onshorecs.com at qt-project.org [mailto:interest-bounces+scott.bloom=onshorecs.com at qt-project.org] On Behalf Of André Somers
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 9:16 AM
To: interest at qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Interest] Hide icon in a QComboBox associated with a Model

Op 23-8-2013 17:58, Scott Aron Bloom schreef:
Create a proxy model (derive from QSortFilterProxyModel if you have never created one and don't have any sorting or filtering turned on) and override the data method, returning QVariant for the icon role.

Then set the source model for the proxy model, to your original, and the model for the combobox to the proxy model.
Scott
If you're not going to do any sorting or filtering with the proxy, I would advise to use QIdentityProxyModel as your base class instead of QSortFilterProxyModel.

André