[Interest] Strange undeletable QTemporaryFile. Is it a bug?

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 12:00:07 CEST 2013

Am 24.08.2013 um 09:46 schrieb Constantin Makshin <cmakshin at gmail.com>:

> Overriding a public method to make it private doesn't make much sense because this restriction can be easily circumvented by casting the pointer/reference to a base class (explicitly or by passing it to a function, in the context of this thread, expects a QFile or even more generic QIODevice).

Casting? Pointers? Why so complicated?

C++ makes this easy for you:

#define private public
#include "Foo.h"

There you go: all private members of class Foo have just become public! A hip hip horray for the preprocessor ;)

Oh, by the way: should you feel the urge to pass on this "tip" to someone else: please don't mention my name, will you? ;)

But on a more serious note: overriding a public method and make it private is more like a "design decision" and a strong hint to the caller not to call this member on that concrete class instance anymore: why not? Go read the docs! (And if you still feel like calling it: C++ offers you plenty of choices ;))

Cheers,
  Oliver