[Interest] R: Qt5 toolchain for arm

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gna.org
Mon Aug 26 03:48:26 CEST 2013

On 26/08/13 05:53, Hugo Drumond Jacob wrote:
> Hi Simone!
>
> You will use "meta-toolchain" target. However, you need add dependences
> to Qt5. Tomorrow, I can help you more (in pvt), because today I'm out of
> office!

May I suggest that you communicate on oe-dev or yocto ml instead of
private? meta-qt5 needs lot of attention in Yocto, and it seems to me
that there's not that many users/devs, so if something is happening with
Qt5/Yocto (you guys trying to get a full metatoolchain-qt5 manually),
then it's worth showing that there is interest in having full Qt5
support in Yocto.
Right now, Yocto supports only eclipse as an IDE, it's possible to use
QtCreator (yocto/qt4), but it is far from perfect, if nobody shows
interest in Qt5 and QtCreator support in Yocto, it won't help to get
things done.

Anyway, if you're working on or using Qt5 within Yocto, please show it
(on yocto-* ML) and share it as well.

Chris