[Interest] QDeclarativeView in a QDialog

Mitchell Verter mitchell.verter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 23:46:12 CEST 2013

Hi all,

So I would like to implement the functionality of QDialog using a
QDeclarativeView widget.  The input will be coming from my Keyboard and I
would like the application to wait until my input is finished.  Therefore,
I would like to do something like a call to exec().

My constructor is something like this:

ModalKeyboard::ModalKeyboard(QWidget *parent) :
    QDialog(parent)
{
    keyboard = new QDeclarativeView();
    keyboard->setSource(QUrl::fromLocalFile("qml/main.qml"));
    keyboardObject = keyboard->rootObject();
... [ Signals and Slots ]
}

I don't know how to coordinate this with my exec()

When I try
void ModalKeyboard::exec()
{    keyboard->show();
}

I can not block the thread

When I try:
void ModalKeyboard::exec()
{    keyboard->show();
     QDialog::show();
}
The QDialog -- an empty widget -- blocks all input to the keyboard or
anywhere else.

What should I be doing here?

Thanks!
Mitchell