[Interest] Relashionship between time_t and QDateTime

Constantin Makshin cmakshin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 10:28:01 CEST 2013

I looked at the MSVC 2012 runtime library sources and it appears that
localtime() is not as bad as I thought. It applies the DST offset if
daylight saving is found to be active. It also tries some dark magic to
calculate historical DST transitions (I'm not sure I'm allowed to post
fragments of this code, so people with MSVC can take a look themselves --
the most important/interesting files in this case are "localtim.c" and
"tzset.c").

So it looks like this problem has to be solved by running the application
under debugger and stepping through Qt code to see what every function,
system or not, returns.