[Interest] QNAM::get() spawns three processess and opens file descriptors which I am unable to close

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 13:01:34 CEST 2013

> My problem is that, whenever I call manager->get(), this spawns 3
>  processess, which I am unable to shut down. After a while (running many
> requests) there were a huge amount of running processess and open file
> descriptors. They are consuming RAM and running out of max open file
> descriptor limit...
> Every time I call manager->get(request) 3 new processess are spawnt.
>
> I am using Qt 4.8.4 on Debian 5.

You're not supposed to explicitly do anything with these threads. They're
probably started by QNAM for doing the network operations asynchronously
and a caller has no control over them.

How many such requests are you dispatching in parallel?

Looks like you're hitting your systems resource limit. You can either
increase this limit (using ulimit), or restrict the number of simultaneous
outgoing requests (by doing it in batches).

I don't see a bug here.

HTH,
-mandeep