[Interest] Qt styles, Qt installations

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Aug 28 16:44:05 CEST 2013

On quarta-feira, 28 de agosto de 2013 13:50:37, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> > Then I run it, but my application now looks ugly ! Bizarre colors, aliased
> > texts and so on.
> >
> > (here is a screenshot of a minimal test case I set up to show the
> > difference : http://hpics.li/a879bd1 The expected look is on the left)
> >
> > My question is then, what did I do wrong and how could I fix this ?
> >
> > Thank you in advance for your time !
>
> I guess you've built Qt without glib support, so you don't have gtk style.
> Try to run qtcreator with -style cleanlooks or -style platique to make it
> somewhat better.

If the text looks ugly (and it does), you probably built it without fontconfig
and freetype support.

Reconfigure Qt and look at the output. Then try to make every "no" become an
"yes". The only two you can safely ignore are "icd" (the Nokia "internet
connection daemon", only available on Maemo) and NAS ("Network Audio System",
no one uses that).