[Interest] Compilation error

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Thu Aug 29 09:32:39 CEST 2013

See e.g.

http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.1/qtdoc/platform-notes-windows.html ,
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.1/qtdoc/requirements-win.html

You're on the really safe side if you use the exact toolchain we're using in the CI system & the installers ourselves. This is

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingwbuilds/files/host-windows/releases/4.8.0/32-bit/threads-posix/dwarf/x32-4.8.0-release-posix-dwarf-rev2.7z

for Qt 5.1.x .

 As I already wrote, there's a good chance that other recent, MinGW-w64 based toolchains will work too ... but since every toolchain package is basically free to combine an arbitrary Mingw-w64 version + gcc version, built with different configurations, it's impossible to test them all before a release. Patches that fix issues on the Qt side are always welcome, though.

Regards

Kai