[Interest] Flat directory structure for Qt 5.2 documentation

Pasion Jerome Jerome.Pasion at digia.com
Fri Aug 30 14:23:18 CEST 2013

Hello all,

For Qt 5.2, we plan to deliver the online documentation (qt-project.org/doc)
using a flat documentation structure. Currently, the online documentation
is using the modularized structure.

By default, Qt 5 source builds will still use the modularized structure and only
the online Qt documentation (qt-project.org/doc/qt-5) will receive the single-
directory documentation. The snapshots (doc-snapshot.qt-project.org) will serve
as testing ground for the single-directory documentation.

Snapshot: http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qt5-nosubdir/
***Please don't spread this link because this is for testing only.
I will remove it once 'dev' is merged to 'stable'.***

So, it is even more important that the HTML filenames are unique. We're going
through the list of warnings produced by QDoc and most of the duplicate file
warnings are about example names. Try to employ meaningful example names in the
context of Qt, not just within that module.

Current QDoc warnings: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-32580