[Interest] Undocumented? QDBusMessage as a "catch-all" slot signature

Alejandro Exojo aexojo at modpow.es
Fri Aug 30 19:35:07 CEST 2013

Hi.

My first attempts with QtDBus were a bit bad due to one simple thing:
I was unable to connect properly a DBus signal with my slot. The
problem turned out to be a simple signature mismatch.

Then I peeked in the qdbusviewer source code (great app, BTW), and I
saw that to connect to arbitrary DBus signals it had a QDBusMessage as
only parameter.

My question is: is this a warrantied behavior? Because is not
documented in QDBusConnection::connect, and it was tremendously
helpful to me. I think is worth it to mention in the docs.

Thank you.
Regards.

--
Alejandro Exojo Piqueras