[Interest] My First approach with QT 5.1 on MacOS : very disappointing

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 13:06:25 CEST 2013

Am 30.08.2013 um 16:03 schrieb "Vincent R." <forumer at smartmobili.com>:

> UPDATE : I found that to quit the import lib dialog I can press Esc key
> but to me this is ugly, it shouldn't be difficult to rename the "Go
> back" button into Cancel when you are on the first state of the
> dialog...
>
> I found this problem withing 10 minutes so now I am a bit afraid to
> keep on testing.

If a missing Cancel button (*) in a developer tool makes you feel uncomfortable then software engineering might not be the proper thing for you to do ;)

By the way: real men(tm) import additional libraries by messing around in the corresponding *.pro file (-> LIBS += -llibFoo and the like). ;)

Sorry, could not resist - no offense taken ;)

(*) Oh, and isn't it all the rage now on OS X that (settings) dialogs don't even offer an Apply/OK button, but instead all actions take effect /immediatelly/? Or in other words: there is no need for a Cancel button either. So if you want to close a dialog, you simply close the window like any window, by clicking on the tiny red button top left - or press ESC.

Now apparently you were talking about some "wizard" dialog, but I wouldn't know what the proper GUI usability paradigm there would be. Because, y'know, real men... ;)

Cheers,
  Oliver