[Interest] using designer plugin in application

Joseph Crowell joseph.w.crowell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 12:14:33 CET 2013

At least in the last 6 years since I started using Qt, plugins must be
compiled against the same compiler that Designer/Creator were compiled
against or they won't show up. That means the same version of Visual
Studio (2008, 2010, 2012). I think Designer/Creator in the packages are
compiled against VS 2010. The Creator/Designer compiled against mingw
obviously won't show VS compiled plugins.