[Interest] Correcting deployment linkages in Linux shared libraries

Rainer Wiesenfarth Rainer_Wiesenfarth at trimble.com
Wed Dec 4 07:59:20 CET 2013

Am 04.12.2013 07:25, schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> On quarta-feira, 4 de dezembro de 2013 06:20:45, Rainer Wiesenfarth wrote:
>> What we did in addition for our software is to add these options to the
>> Qt configure:
>>
>>     -buildkey namexyz -no-rpath -R $ORIGIN
>>
>> This was used to prevent 'our' QtCore4.so (?) from loading
>> system-installed plugins that in turn tried to use a different version
>> of the Qt shared objects.
>>
>> Thiago, please comment on this if it happens to be complete nonsense... :-)
>
> That only applies to Qt's own build. It does not apply to your libraries,
> plugins and executables. You need to add the $ORIGIN yourself, in your .pro
> files.

That's why I wrote "... in addition ..." ;-)

I think there was an issue with conflicting Qt versions when we omitted
the "-buildkey" option.

Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Rainer Wiesenfarth

--
Software Engineer | Trimble Imaging Division
Rotebühlstraße 81 | 70178 Stuttgart | Germany

Trimble Germany GmbH, Am Prime Parc 11, 65479 Raunheim
Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Darmstadt unter HRB 83893,
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Frank Heimberg, Hans-Jürgen Gebauer