[Interest] embedded Assistant in OSX sandboxed app

Hamish Moffatt hamish at risingsoftware.com
Wed Dec 11 07:20:03 CET 2013

Hi,

We use Assistant in our OSX app as a help viewer, and I'm trying to get
our app to run sandboxed so we can submit it to the App store. (Qt 4.8.5.)

We include the Assistant binary from our Qt build into our application
bundle, passing it -collectionFile <full_path_to_blah.qhc> and
-enableRemoteControl.

I set up entitlements for the assistant (sandboxed and inherit
entitlements only), and it runs, but can't find our documentation.

The OSX 10.9 kernel is printing some relevant messages to the log though
- the sandbox has denied file-write-data operations to both the qhc and
qch files referred to on the command line, AND it's denied a
network-bind to /private/var/folders/......./QtAssistant4.8.5.

And somehow the files end up with the "com.apple.quarantine" extended
attribute applied too.

Does anyone have this working?

thanks

Hamish