[Interest] How to insert a new record with generated primary key into a QSqlTableModel

Scott Aron Bloom scott.bloom at onshorecs.com
Thu Dec 12 15:25:24 CET 2013

It will depend slightly on the database.

If your database driver back end supports the driver feature LastInsertId, then the easiest way is to call QSqlResult::lastInserId()

You can then do a fetchMore() on the model, and correlate the id to the index...

if not, I have done a search for the recently inserted record, get the id, and do the same correlation

Scott