[Interest] Translation support totally broken

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 15:50:49 CET 2013

Am 19.12.2013 um 09:44 schrieb André Somers <andre at familiesomers.nl>:

> I think one should make an English "translation" anyway. Indeed, don't
> expect the source text to be perfect. That also allows you to deal with
> plurals properly:
>
> tr("Copying files. %n File(s) remaining.", "", remainingFileCount);

Yep! Always worth referring to:

  http://doc.qt.digia.com/qq/qq19-plurals.html

Since Qt 4.2. And in order not to translate the entire GUI from "Engineering English" to "English" there's even a -pluralonly switch for 'lupdate' which only extracts the %n plural forms - nice!

Cheers,
  Oliver

P.S. The Qt Quarterly articles seem to be asleep since about 2011 - I'd love to read a nice "wrap up" about the current and future state of Qt OpenGL enablers, for instance (mainly desktop for me) :)