[Interest] Plastique style & stylesheets

Christoph Feck christoph at maxiom.de
Mon Dec 23 13:08:13 CET 2013

On Monday 23 December 2013 12:17:34 Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use the plastique style and change its colors to a
> dark theme.
>
> However, simply doing :
>
> QWidget
> {
>     color: #b1b1b1;
>     background-color: #323232;
> }
>
> Messes several things including scrollbars:
>
> [image: Images intégrées 1]
>

> As you can see, the double arrow in the bottom is removed, the
> round corners are lost, etc... So it seems that plastique is not
> fully stylable.
>
> Is there a workaround, or a more customizable style in Qt4? Or is
> it time to switch to Qt5 and fusion?

First, why not simply let the user decide about the color theme? Is
hardcoding colors a new trend?

Second, style sheets _are_ a workaround. They are not meant to create
a custom style. Subclass QStyle instead, if you want to do your own
rendering.

And last, do not expect changes in Qt5 regarding style sheets.

--
Christoph Feck
http://kdepepo.wordpress.com/