[Interest] Loading Qt5 libraries during boot

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Feb 2 00:47:13 CET 2013

On sexta-feira, 1 de fevereiro de 2013 11.36.28, Bill Crocker wrote:
> That brings us to one of Qt's lesser publicized constraints.
> Qt can not safely be used from a forked context, because you never
> know which parts of it might be using threads.
> I learned that the hard way.

That is true for most libraries.

In fact, if you want to do that, you need to get an explicit assurance from
the library that it is supported. Qt offers no assurance, so don't assume that
it works.

I've wanted for some time to add a function that initialises the subsystems
that can survive a fork-but-no-exec, like loading all of the plugins. I've
never got around to to doing it.