[Interest] Buildiing SQL plugins using Qt5-SDK

Petric Frank pfrank at gmx.de
Mon Feb 4 19:23:11 CET 2013

Hello,

i want to create the MySQL plugin for the Qt5 SDK (Qt 5.0.1 + QtCreator 2.6.2)
deivered a week ago.

I earlier versions there was an package manager tool (i can't remember the
exact name). This tool was able to download the pre-configured Qt sources
(matching to the Qt libs in the SDK).
So i simply had to change to QtSources/source/plugin/sqldrivers/MySQL and
execute
  qmake INCLUDE ....
  mingw32-make install

and the compiled plugins are directly copied to the correct location to be
usable.

I viewed around the files delivered with the SDK, but i neither find this
"package manager" tool nor the pre-configured sources.

Do i really have to download the original sources manually, configure them and
build them only to get the MySQL plugin ?

If so, which config options i have to give at minimum. Platform is WinXP (32-
Bit) and Win7 (64-Bit) to get working plugins.

Any hints are welcome.

regards
  Petric