[Interest] Qt 5.0 and Mac OS X

Sami Maisniemi sami.maisniemi at katelabs.com
Mon Feb 4 22:04:12 CET 2013

Hi,

I installed Qt 5.0.1 with default settings, but I am not able to rebuild any projects, because Qt Creator cannot find qmake:

"The Qt version is invalid: qmake does not exist or is not executable"

"File not found: The qmake command "/usr/bin/qmake" was not found or is not executable"

The reason is very clear: Qt is installed to the user space by default (/Users/maisniemi/Qt5.0.1/). However, Qt  Creator is looking for qmake from the old location. Apparently the installation process has been changed quite remarkably.

However, I am still very confused, because the tool does not work with default settings. Have I missed something?

Regards Sami Maisniemi