[Interest] Qt 5.0 and Mac OS X

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 08:39:00 CET 2013

Am 05.02.2013 um 22:45 schrieb Sami Maisniemi <sami.maisniemi at katelabs.com>:

> On Feb 4, 2013, at 11:16 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>
> unknown type name 'QLabel'
> unknown type name 'QGridLayout'
> unknown type name 'QPushButton'
>
> I tried to add the following include statement:
>
> #include <QtGui>

That's soooo Qt4 ;)

> The include statement should include everything from the libraries of Qt,

To be precise: It never did include *all* Qt headers, neither in Qt 4: XML related headers for instance are /not/ included that way. But I assume you meant "all GUI related headers"

> but it does not help.

What does strongly help however is read the Qt 5 porting guides:

  http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtdoc/portingguide.html

Hint: You are looking for #include <QWidget> ;)

Further reading:

  http://www.kdab.com/porting-from-qt-4-to-qt-5/

"Read the docs, Luke!"

Cheers,