[Interest] I am trying to compile Qt 4.8 with VS2010

Guido Seifert Wargand at gmx.de
Wed Feb 6 20:51:27 CET 2013

> I guess you have an application running that has that file open. Close all
> Qt-based applications.

Impossible. I am just compiling Qt. No other app could use it.

> Another idea is that your filesystem is corrupt. Try running the disk
> checker tools, including searching for bad sectors.

Hopefully nothing that evil. But I don't think it is hardware. It is strange. Looks like it cannot create certain folders the first time, e.g. tmp/obj/release_shared. When I created it manually it compiled over the previous stop point. Later on it stopped again because of some 'cd' problem. This time I created nothing, but just repeated 'nmake' and it worked. Had to repeat this several times and now made it at least to the demos.

Guido