[Interest] Further 4.X releases?

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Wed Feb 13 07:57:00 CET 2013

On 13.2.2013 7.26, "Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

>On quarta-feira, 13 de fevereiro de 2013 04.08.43, Scott Aron Bloom wrote:
>> So here is my problem, I have found a bug when QSortFilterProxyModel
>>with a
>> QSqlTableModel as the source model.
>>
>> The problem, I currently at a 4.8 based system, and the plan for 5.0
>> migration isnt soon...
>>
>> Will there be another 4.8 or in order to get a fix, I have to submit it
>> against 5.X and Ill never see a fix I can use till I move to 5.X?
>
>There will most likely be more 4.8.x releases. In fact, 4.8.5 should come
>soon, hopefully. I'd expect more releases throughout 2013.

Yes, definitely we will keep up with 4.8.x patch releases. We are
continuously looking into the amour of fixes and there already is a good
number of fixes in the 4.8 branch.

That said there is currently very high inflow of fixes to Qt 5.0 and as
discussed the intention is to make 5.0.2 in March (with planned branch
from stable 18th Feb). Plan is that Qt 4.8.5 would then follow after 5.0.2
is out.

So there is still good time to submit fixes to 4.8 so that they go into
the next release.

Yours,

		Tuukka