[Interest] QTreeWidget with centered text

Sensei senseiwa at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 09:02:02 CET 2013

Dear all,

Do you have suggestions on how to achieve something like the attached
image within a class derived from QTreeWidget?

I'd just like to have a "Click here" adorned text centered in the widget.

My guess was creating a "fake" QTreeWidgetItem and add custom
stylesheet, but apparently these lines won't do the trick:

     // Click here to open a project false root
     QTreeWidgetItem *clickHere = new QTreeWidgetItem(this,
QStringList(QString(tr("Click to open a project..."))), idUnkown);
     clickHere->setFlags(clickHere->flags() & (~Qt::ItemIsEditable) &
(~Qt::ItemIsDropEnabled));
     addTopLevelItem(clickHere);

     // Save stylesheet and create a new one
     sheet_ = styleSheet();
     setStyleSheet("QToolButton { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;
}");

Any hints?

Thanks!