[Interest] qt5 settings ini format regression

Frank Hemer frank at hemer.org
Tue Jan 1 16:58:06 CET 2013

On Sunday 30 December 2012 16:50:50 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On domingo, 30 de dezembro de 2012 18.35.20, Frank Hemer wrote:
> > In QT5, QSettings with IniFormat being used with keys like
> > 'general/entry1'
> > do write all items into a '%General' section.
> > This is what the doc explains as a way to ensure no keys without a group
> > may get overwritten.
> >
> > Unfortunately it seems that with qt5 there appear multiple '%General'
> > sections when accessed as described above.
> > This is a regression to the 4.x.
> >
> > Can anybody confirm this behavior, maybe with other os (I tried linux) -
> > I'll file a  bugreport then.
>
> Please do, because there are no changes that could account for that. I've
> attached the full diff on all QSettings from 4.8.4 to 5.0.0. The changes can

Done, @see here:

Thanks Thiago for the detailed diff - looking over the code I suspect the
splitting into several sections being an old issue that was possibly never
recognized but didn't do any harm as the map reading the values put all things
together.

Anyway since 5.0 this fails ... maybe a change in the map being used? (I love
these sideeffects *ironie*)

Frank