[Interest] Re: qRegisterMetaType<QList<QSslError> > and type flags

Jan Kundrát jkt at flaska.net
Sat Jan 5 00:50:45 CET 2013

On Wednesday, 2 January 2013 21:04:13 CEST, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> So unless you're deliberately creating a typedef registration (and even in
> that case, be careful), omit the string and you don't have to
> think about it
> anymore.

Looks like I cannot register a pointer to a namespaced class through that overload.

I've tried these:

- qRegisterMetatype<NS::Class*>();
- using namespace NS; qRegisterMetaType<Class*>();
- namespace NS { void reg() { qRegisterMetaType<Class*>(); } } NS::reg();
- typedef NS::Class Class; qRegisterMetaType<Class*>();

None of them work, though. The only one which works for me is this one:

- qRegisterMetaType<NS::Class*>("Class*");

With kind regards,
Jan

--
Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/