[Interest] Fwd: Re: Linux OpenGL bug? Driver problem?

Guido Seifert Wargand at gmx.de
Tue Jan 8 00:32:48 CET 2013

> Freezing the system and crashing are never features.

Of course not.

> Therefore, we must conclude that it is a bug somewhere.

This 'somewhere' is my problem. I have no backtrace. No logs. Just my word 'it freezes the whole system'. Usually not a good position to file a bug report.

> If the bug is in the kernel / DRM / nouveau driver, then the bug needs to
> be fixed there. Qt should not work around it. That said, there might be
> *another* bug in Qt.

Yep. Problem is to pinpoint the bug. If you cannot prove where the bug actually is, the developers of the different projects like to play responsibility ping-pong.

> If your system freezes, then please file the bug report to nouveau.
>
> By the way, I've heard that the nouveau driver has had some recent
> bugfixes.
> Please make sure you're running Linux 3.7 at least.

That's exactly what I will try next.

Guido