[Interest] Fwd: Re: Linux OpenGL bug? Driver problem?

Guido Seifert Wargand at gmx.de
Tue Jan 8 14:18:14 CET 2013

> Of course, trouble shooting this with the latest open source
> components will make you a good samaritan indeed.

Good samaritan? Me? Never. :-)

But I upgraded to kernel 3.7.1.
And I updated everything I could easily update. I am running Debian Sid. This is
as bleeding edge as I am comfortable with.

Results? Almost the same. As soon as I add a second hypnotizer thread my system breaks. However, small but important difference: I can switch to console and get the following message:
[xxxxx] nouveau E[   DRM] GPU lockup   switching to software fbcon

Not much, but at least something I can offer the nouveau devs.

Guido