[Interest] Qt5 mingw builds

Diego Iastrubni diegoiast at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 22:30:56 CET 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 11:26 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/01/13 23:22, Konrad Rosenbaum wrote:
> > On Tuesday 08 January 2013, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> >  > So... cross compiling Qt5/win32 from Linux is not possible yet?
> >
> > In theory it should be possible to create a mkspec for this, but nobody
> > attempted it yet. I myself gave up cross-compiling with MinGW from Linux
> > somewhen early in the 4.x run, when my orginal recipe failed.
> >
> > You have to test the software on Windows anyways, so why bother with
> > compiling on a different system? (If it is Bash-Scripts: there is MSys.)

1) there is a clear distinction between a developer machine and a test
machine. No compilers.
2) Automation on linux is way easier.
3) Managing a build that creates binaries for windows and linux on the
same machine is cool.

> It's been working fine for me for ages now, and out of the box with this:
>
>    http://mxe.cc

Yes. I used this to compile some apps. I did enable qt there and I did
see a "qmake" but I did not test it enough yet. I wish this was ported
and tested to Qt5.

Besides this - I strongly recommend this (just set CC and CXX and
cmake will work with this new compiler).