[Interest] Crazy Idea of the day: WebGL renderer

Samuel Rødal samuel.rodal at digia.com
Thu Jan 10 08:05:53 CET 2013

On 01/09/2013 05:15 PM, Jason H wrote:
> This QML 2 is sounding like it is more a bother than it is worth.
> I thought QPA was the end-all-be-all of platform abstraction? Why can't
> QPA be used with scene graph?

Of course it can, it's just that scene graph uses OpenGL ES 2 and not
QPainter, so if you want to change how the scene graph rendering is
finally done you need to hook in at the OpenGL library level (or with a
proxying library), similar to how ANGLE is used on Windows to proxy
OpenGL commands into Direct3D.

Well, outside of QPA / OpenGL scene graph also has its own adaptation
layer where you can make a custom renderer, so maybe that would be a
better place to do this kind of thing.

--
Samuel