[Interest] Crazy Idea of the day: WebGL renderer

Inderpreet Singh indrplus at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 05:31:11 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 12:05 AM, Jason H <scorp1us at yahoo.com> wrote:
> There has been an alarming increase in the number of on-line interactive
> coding platforms.  Take for instance ScraperWiki.com,
> http://www.typescriptlang.org/Playground/ and a dozen others. While I am
> waiting for my Qt5 build to download, I was wondering how it would be
> possible to enable QML in the browser. Chrome how has preliminary WebGL
> support ( http://www.chromeexperiments.com/webgl/ ) And I figure it would be
> a hoot and good for Qt5's visibility if we could get an online QML viewer
> going. Something with and edit pane and a visualization pane. I was thinking
> QPA might be ideal for this.
>
> Do you think it is possible? And how hard would it be?

This is a great Idea, I was thinking about holding workshops in my
college about Qt, and introduce to the fellow mates and others to the
platform. Such an online interactive coding platform would help me and
the attendees a lot. I agree there will be some performance issues but
for teaching purposes It's great.