[Interest] [interest] Qt Installer Framework: How good is that?

Soroush Rabiei soroush.rabiei at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 19:14:36 CET 2013

Greetings all

I've been introduced to Qt Installer Framework today, Unfortunately can't
find detailed descriptions about that. There is only a brief documentation.
  I have some questions.

1. Documentation says it's cross-platform. That's great! But does it
implement platform-specific tasks properly? Mainly registry-related
operations on Windows and its equivalent (text-based configuration stuff)
on Linux. Something like QSettings do.

2. Is an installer based on this tool translatable? I would like to use
native dialogs instead of system dialogs to make my installer to run in my
native language.

3. Inno setup has some great features (7z compression, customization, etc.)
Is QIF worth it to be a replacement of inno?

Thanks