[Interest] [interest] Qt Installer Framework: How good is that?

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Mon Jan 14 14:37:19 CET 2013

Hi,

I have to admit that I completely missed the existence of the installer
framework so far. Before starting further investigations, please let me
ask if it is a possible solution for me:

I'm maintainer of the Qwt ( http://qwt.sf.net ) library and thought about
offering binary packages that are compatible to the offical Qt SDKs.

These packages need to be for Windows only as on other platforms binary
packages are offered by distributors and/or users are experienced enough
for building and installing from source code.

Basically all what needs to be done is to copy some files ( libraries,
headers, documentatio, prf files - but no application or parts from the
Qt installation ) into some install directory and maybe:

- adjusting the PATH variable
- adjusting QT_PLUGIN_PATH
- configuring qmake ( setting QMAKEFEATURES )

Uwe