[Interest] QTextEdit is too slow - hints needed

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 00:24:49 CET 2013

Use PlainTextEdit or develop your own Widget.
If I rememer correctly, a significant amount of time was consumed in formatting the text. Since you're appending, you shouldn't need to layout (wrap) anything but the current line. So when you append text you don't re-avaliate the block of text. In a weird way a combolist box might be what you want.