[Interest] Qt5 what's missing?!

Tomasz Siekierda sierdzio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 08:52:46 CET 2013

On 16 January 2013 07:55, M. Bashir Al-Noimi <mbnoimi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do I missed something?

Yes.

> All-in-one packaging: Nokia packaged all needed tools for developing Desktop
> & Mobile applications, while current distro supports Desktop developing only
> and asks you to download many packages (which most of them already included
> in Qt distro) from outside servers (ex. in case developing Qt for Android
> you need to download the files from KDE servers).

A lot has changed in the meantime. Qt5 is modularised + it has
numerous new dependencies, and Symbian support was dropped (no
maintainers). New SDK is in the works and it will get better as time
goes. Android support is not officially available yet, so your point
is invalid in that respect (it's due to come in Qt 5.1).

> MinGW supporting: Recent distro doesn't support MinGW in Windows which is
> formed a bad news for many developers.

Please search the net (especially Qt Project forums) for more detailed
answers on that. In short: MinGW is still fully supported, you can
compile Qt5 with it any time you like. It's just that MinGW
precompiled package did not make it into 5.0. It will probably be
added in a later release (5.0.1 or 5.1).

There are unofficial MinGW builds available here:
http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/23002/

> Do you agree with me that Qt community needs urgent official distro for
> filling up these two weak points?

No, I think you should search for information yourself before posting.

Cheers,
sierdzio