[Interest] QGLContext::makeCurrent(): Failed. Why?

Guido Seifert Wargand at gmx.de
Sun Jan 20 16:19:00 CET 2013

Hi, I have a strange warning, which I don't understand.

I try to render an image with OpenGL in a thread. Below the relevant part.

QImage GLWidget::paintGL(QGLPixelBuffer *buffer){
 glPushMatrix();
 mEndImageTexture = buffer->bindTexture(mEndImage,GL_TEXTURE_2D);

 glCallList(mIndex);
 glPopMatrix();

 glPushMatrix();
 float value = pow(1.6,mFactor-10)+1;
 glScalef(1.0/value, 1.0/value, 1.0/value);

 mStartImageTexture = buffer->bindTexture(mStartImage,GL_TEXTURE_2D);

 glCallList(mIndex);
 glPopMatrix();

 glFlush();
 QImage image = buffer->toImage();

#if 0
	buffer->deleteTexture(mEndImageTexture);
	buffer->deleteTexture(mStartImageTexture);
#endif
 return image;
}

So far so good. Nothing special, the OpenGL code will be cleaned up a bit, when I am a little more comfortable with it.

But as can be seen, I bind two textures to a QGLPixelBuffer. Later on I try to delete them again #if 0/#endif. When I activate the deleteTexture functions I get a warning: QGLContext::makeCurrent().

I have no idea why and don't even know what QGLContext is meant. Can someone enlighten me?

Guido