[Interest] Memory Leak in Graphic Card. OpenGL.

Guido Seifert Wargand at gmx.de
Tue Jan 22 12:47:40 CET 2013

Hi, could anyone help me with my OpenGL problem? Either it is a bug in the Qt OpenGL libs, or it is me. Most likely it is me. I am quite the beginner with OpenGL.

The code:
http://pastebin.com/wQByE92h

The getImage function is called thousand of times over hrs. Exactly that's what I wish. My program runs perfectly, but crashes reliably after ~3.5hrs.

Finally I discovered a memory leak. Not in my main memory, but in my graphics card memory. I discovered it when I installed GPU-Z (http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/).

So it looks like the deletion of the QGLPixelBuffer does not really clean up all resources. But when I activate the deleteTexture methods, I get strange warnings
(QGLContext::makeCurrent() failed), which I would be willing to ignore, but also random crashes, which of course I am not willing to ignore.

I am thinking to drop the whole QtOpenGL stuff and use plain OpenGL, though this isn't a very satisfying solution.

Any ideas?

Guido