[Interest] QtCreator, Mac OSX and LLDB?

danny deepblue842 at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 22 21:50:30 CET 2013

I assumed it was common knowledge - you WILL hit this problem if you try to trace into a non-trivial Qt application on Mac. It was discussed previously on the mailing list and the Qt Creator manual alludes to this in two places:

"Since Python enabled versions of GDB are bundled with all recent Linux versions, active support for non-Python builds has been dropped for platforms other than Mac OS X."

It even goes so far as to describing how to install a later version of GDB from source:

"FSF GDB can also be compiled for Mac OS, but the build is currently unstable, and thererefore, this is not recommended."