[Interest] Qt5 on MacOS X: State of the Toolbar

Sorvig Morten Morten.Sorvig at digia.com
Wed Jan 23 10:43:05 CET 2013

On Jan 22, 2013, at 4:45 PM, Sensei <senseiwa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> is there any news on the toolbar on MacOS X? The last news reported that
> an alternative to setUnifiedTitleAndToolBarOnMac was using an external
> code as in
>
> 	http://qt.gitorious.org/qtplayground/qtmacextras
>
> Is there any planned date (version) to support "native look and feel" as
> it was in 4.8?

We are getting quite close, the function you are looking for is

QtMacUnifiedToolBar* setUnifiedTitleAndToolBarOnMac(QToolBar *toolbar, bool on = true);

which not far from 4.8's

QMainWindow::setUnifiedTitleAndToolBarOnMac(bool on)

(See examples/macunifiedtoolbar/preferenceswindow.cpp in qtmacextras)

qtmacextras will stay external for now - the focus is on implementing the missing APIs.

Morten